PLAY AREAS NOW OPEN – BEANACRE, SHAW, BERRYFIELD AND KESTREL COURT & HORNCHURCH ROAD IN BOWERHILL
Melksham Without Parish Council recognises the need to provide community facilities to help people enjoy outdoor activity but also recognises that it must provide a safe environment for those using the facilities and staff that facilitate the services.
The Government announced that play areas could open from Saturday 4th July, however the parish council have taken their time to ensure that all the play areas in the parish have had a full H&S inspection and new signage to reflect the government guidance. Risk assessments have also been undertaken and we are pleased to let you know that the play areas in the parish were all opened today.
To ensure you are ready to use the play areas safely please read these simple instructions and plan ahead for safe fun this summer.
1. Parents must read this guidance and ensure their families follow it carefully for the safety of their children and others.
2. This equipment is checked regularly for damage, wear and tear, but is not sanitised or disinfected.
3. This is shared equipment, used at your own risk.
4. Do not use this equipment if you or any member of your household has coronavirus symptoms, or are self-isolating.
5. Make sure you have hand sanitiser with you before entering the play area.
6. Encourage everyone in your family to wash their hands with hand sanitiser regularly and as a minimum before and after using the play area.
7. Encourage children to avoid touching their faces.
8. You MUST maintain social distancing from others unless they are from the same household – current advice is to maintain at least 1m and consider wearing a face mask.
9. Some equipment can only be used by one child at a time while social distancing. Please ensure your family waits at a safe distance if the equipment is in use or return later to use the equipment.
10. Try to avoid busy times.
11. DO NOT eat and drink in the play area.
12. If your family is wearing disposable PPE, please take it home with you or where provided use the bins – DO NOT LITTER.
12. Wash your hands when you get home.
We hope you enjoy using the play areas and thank you for helping to keep everyone safe by following these simple instructions